Joyce Shows Up in Bend
It looks like we might have a white Christmas here in Bend. Two weeks of snow on the ground already. It's 10 degrees. The river is looking frozen around the edges and it's sunny! It's feeling like the "olden days" that some of you likely remember. Many of you grew up here and remember playing in the snow and sledding on Norton hill. At least that's part of the family lore that I have heard.
I am a relative newcomer to Bend, having moved here in 1973 right after graduating from College. I couldn't wait to make this my home. I immediately made friends who did all the fun things that I loved to do. I rode my bike, I skied a lot and I wove fabric on my big loom. I made some friends who actually still live here. Bend is bigger now. But not so big that I can't find the people that I have known all this time.
Around 1978 I met some Foleys. I became enamored with this family and now I am a part of it. It's the best thing that has ever happened to me. I am Terry Foley's wife (Alison's oldest brother) and "other mother" to Erin Levine and Peter Foley. Bob and Irene Foley were my father-in-law and mother-in-law and I love them dearly, as do all of you.

To my utter amazement, there are now 4 little guys who call me Grandma Joyce. Sydney, Ian, Wyatt and Carmen are the next generation.
The Foleys have taught me a lot and I could never have planned the life that I have. As the years go by, I find that family is more and more important to me. That includes Foleys, Youngs and Northcrafts, my own parents and big brother. This blog is a vehicle that will allow us to stay connected as we ponder doing something larger for others who are not part of our immediate clan. I'm looking forward to the journey. Where will we go from here?
Love to all of you,
Joyce Northcraft Foley

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home