Aunty Elephant's Umbrella

Gathered together under my Umbrella, we'll unite as Family and change the world for some children in Sri Lanka.

Friday, December 02, 2005

L'Alsie


The story I heard was that one of my big brothers invented that nickname for me. Maybe it faded out in the family pretty early because I only remember Alva Goodrich using it. Oh, but I DO remember loving this spring-action horse Gramp Wells made for me one Christmas! I named him Norton, and rode fast, long and hard. He was my first of many beloved horses, pretend and real, large and small. I had a big collection of 2-4 inch plastic "little horses", and spent hours and hours building ranches on the grass out beside the ditch, pine-needle fences, twig jumps, water systems with working ditches and stock ponds. Pretending the stories of running a ranch, herding horses, chasing after bad guys was all part of it. I don't think I ever thought about being a woman in my play scenarios, because the figures I had were always men. Anyway, that didn't make a bit of difference to me. I'm trying to remember if I ever played Little Horses with Tom, or was it always with my girlfriends? He'll have to answer that.

I want to hear some play memory stories from you! Pictures or no pictures, please tell us something you remember, or still now love to do. Favorite games? Story scenarios? Who did you play with?

What are some vivid sensory experiences you can remember? Some for me: making squishy mudpies; the tickley feel of a frog in my hand; the wonderful smell of a horse.

Did you ever make something you thought was really cool? (or didn’t turn out the way you imagined…)

Do you remember the satisfaction of getting mastery of something through a lot of practice?

What did you do with paper and pencil, paint, crayons, markers, chalk, etc.

Any favorite books or stories from your childhood?

When and how did music play a part in your childhood?

YOUR MEMORIES ARE STIRRED, I know it!
Please write something to share with us----

Love to all under the umbrella,

Alison aka L'Alsie

1 Comments:

At Sat Jul 15, 08:44:00 AM EST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember you being "Alti" ( a derivitive?) in Junior High School.
jb

 

Post a Comment

<< Home